I’m pretty easily summed up by: I love everything LEGO, Harry Potter, theme parks, and Gilmore Girls.
Most days you’ll find me behind a camera or at a computer transcribing.
Things about me
– I live near Orlando, Florida with my boyfriend.
– We have a manx kitten named Chiker (Chi-ker) – as in hitchhiker for his thumbs.
– I love going to theme parks – they allow me to take pictures, people watch, and wander aimlessly.
– Reform Your Inner Mean Girl helped set me on the path I needed to go.
– I love spending time exploring new towns, and looking around Goodwills and yard sales with Jeff.
– My childhood/teen years were spent at concerts.
About the blog
When I started Living the Before in 2009, I was in a much different place. I kept hitting a new highest weight and when 252.6 showed up on the scale I realized that it was beyond time. And it wasn’t until a couple of years later when I was at my lowest emotionally and mentally, that I started learning that I needed to like myself before I was able to try to take care of myself.
Since then I have gained self-confidence and have lost 50 pounds. Getting to this chapter in my life has included a lot of different paths.
Weight Watchers (multiple times, both online and meetings)
Counting calories on my own (multiple times)
OA (Overeaters Anonymous)
All of those things worked for me for a while (or a bit, or until I just got fed up and moved on), but it wasn’t until I took baby steps to learn how to love myself.
Those steps are still happening and are still being figured out every day.
Note about affiliate links
Partnerships and brand sponsorships are disclosed.
Living the Before is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.