Not quite sure how many times I looked at Jeff yesterday, threw my hands up in the air and said, “I’m amazing myself today!” And it truly was amazing.
Here’s all the stuff I did yesterday:
- Changed out the blog theme – there’s still some things that need to be completed to get to the ‘final’ theme changes that I want, but I found and installed my new theme on my own, along with the Genesis framework, even though it wasn’t difficult at all, I made myself proud
Old blog theme
New blog theme
- Added an about me widget so everyone would know exactly who was writing this nonsense I also added social media buttons, a page menu, drop down categories and archives, tweets
- Email updates now available – while I almost gave up on this because Feedburner was telling me I didn’t have it enabled and I kept seeing that it was enabled, but after doing some step-by-step research, it’s there and working!
- Footer has some info – I’m not sure it’s 100% done yet, but I’ve got archives and social media buttons down there now
- Top of page button – a button is now there and it’s easier to scroll to the top of the blog
- Categories – every.single.post was looked at last night and either put into a new category or deleted. I even smartly made parent and child categories. Holla!
- Menus – I had to go back in and redo all my menus, with drop downs *high five for myself*
- #28DBC post – I wanted to be able to highlight my list during February so it’s easy to find and track my progress and I beat my brain up trying to figure out how to make a ‘post’ a ‘page’, but nope, all I needed to do was put the #28DBC post into it’s own category for the time being and bam! I did it! It’s got a temporary home at the top with the menus.
- Breadcrumbs (menu pathways) – they are official on each post and that makes me happy
- New header – I’m very lucky to have a graphically talented boyfriend who pulled out all the stops for me yesterday to make me a new banner that I liked more than the standard one
So yeah, excuse me while I pat myself on the back, but I knocked a lot of stuff out yesterday. Things that weren’t even on my list.
There’s still plenty of things on my #28DBC list to complete in less than half a month, but I got this. And if you’re interested in looking through some very helpful comments and things to think about, you should definitely check out the 28 Day Blog Challenge and take a look through the comments and blog changes people are making. It’s so great! Such a great community!